Letters have always been an effective way of communication for all of us. As we know technology has been developing every day, and people find it convenient to send letters through email instead of Traditional posts. Formal letters and Informal letters are often used to communicate or share ideas for various purposes. Various competitive examinations have questions related to writing a letter. These questions are asked to test the writing skills and fluency in the language of the candidate. Formal Letters are written to convey official and important messages to authorities, seniors, etc. instead of personal contacts, friends, or family. It is strictly professional and has to be written in a particular formula. Before we look into the Formal Letter Format it is important to know about it, let’s now read the meaning of a formal letter. Letter writing is a difficult task that needs some expertise to write a good letter, the letter writer should know about the type of the letter and must understand what he is writing in the letter. there two types main types of the letter that is known as:
- Informal letter: Informal letters are always based on the recipient. Sincerely or regards works in nearly every. Situation write your name and sign the letter. If you have typed the letter type your name four lines below the closing
- Formal letter: Most formal letters will start with ‘Dear’ before the name of the person that you are writing to. You can choose to use first name and surname, or title and surname. However, if you don’t know the name of the person you are writing to, you must use ‘Dear Sir or Madam
There are some general rules for letter-writing
- Choose the right type of paper
- Use the correct information.
- Use the correct parameters for the letter.
- write the valid address and date.
- Write correct salutation.
- Use correct parameters for the body writing.
- Use complimentary close.
- Add your signature and contact.
A formal letter is strictly professional writing to be written in a particular formula, therefore you should know the rules of writing a formal letter and about the Formal Letter Format. Before we look into the Formal Letter Formate. Each and every formal letter starts with a formal way of writing and before writing a formal letter you should know what are you writing following are the main types of formal letters
How to write a good letter
Writing a good Qualities letter is very important, it must contain a clear vision, correctness of words, and spelling, complete sentences, conciseness, attractiveness, coherence, courtesy, Creativerness, and effectiveness. An effective letter gives a positive impression and impels the receiver to do the jobs the writer wants. there are different writing styles
- Narrative Writing: Narrative writing is known as a storytelling written form that starts from the journey, or a part of it, from the start to the very end, that contains the beginning, interval, and ending. i.e. short stories, Novels, speeches, etc.
- Descriptive Writing: Descriptive writing is the style of writing where the author writes about every aspect of an event, person, or place and explains it in detail. This style is so appealing for the reader who considers himself that he actually there. i.e. poetry, fictional stories, etc.
- Expository Writing: This is the writing style in which the writer explains or educates the reader about a particular topic, i.e. technical, scientific, textbook, etc.
- Persuasive Writing: This is a style of writing in which the writer tries to convey a special message to the reader to motivate them to take action. i.e. opinion, essay, cover letters, etc.
- Creative Writing: this is a creative style of writing in which the writer conveys a message to the reader in a new appealing way convincing way to the reader. i.e. script writing, biographies, flash-fictions.
- Objective writing: Objective writing is a style of writing where the writing is supported by proven facts and pieces of evidence. i.e. special purpose text, assertive text, etc.
- Subjective Writing: Subjective writing showcases the author’s beliefs, preferences, perspectives, feelings, and opinions on things. The author, unlike objective writing, needs not bother about the correctness or accuracy of writing. this style of writing creates a connection between the writer and the reader. Travelogues, blogs, etc.
- Review Writing: This is also known as a literature review that contains a survey or research topic, i.e, product review, service review, book review, etc.
- Poetic Writing: It is a style of writing where the writer uses rhyme, rhythm, and meter to convey a story or idea. It is a broad style of writing which can be used in fiction. Furthermore, it, of course, uses poetic devices like similes and metaphors i.e. Novels, poetry, plays, short stories, etc.
- Technical Writing: Technical writing is all about writing on a special point that is factual and logical or about a scientific purpose. It is precise in nature, using facts and figures that are objective and non-emotive in nature, and only aims to inform the reader. i.e. User- manuals, medical articles, textbooks, etc.
There are several different techniques that you can use to create a professional, compassionate tone, depending on the content of your letter: the writer must use an active voice with a sympathetic opening with appropriate words and apologize when doing some things wrong.
Offer letter types
Employment contract types