Employee social security is an institution established under the ordinance of 1965, this ordinance was established to provide not only heath benefits but also cash, housing, education, nutrition, etc to the lower staff working in different Organizations (Semi government or Private institutions) at the national level but after eighteen amendments in the constitution, this power shifted to the provinces and now onward the provincial social security body is responsible for this services, other than health facility the social security also offering different services at the institution end. Social Security institutions have regional offices at most district levels and have recommended hospitals and dispensaries at district, tehsil, and town levels. according to the ordinance of 1965, the standard policies are the same but a light difference in facilities has been reflected once the authority shifted at the province level after the eighteen amendments, and onward each province tried to provide better facilities to the registered employees and for the purpose different bills has been passed at provincial levels, the following legistlation have been done for the employee social security benefits’
- The Workmen’s compensation Act,1923.
- The Sindh Maternity Benefit Act, 1929.
- The West Pakistan Maternity Benefit Ordinance, 1958.
- The Provincial Employees Social Security Ordinance, 1965.
- The West Pakistan Industrial and Commercial Employment Ordinance, 1968.
- Workers Shares in Companies profits, 1968.
- Workers Welfare Fund, 1969.
- Workers Children Education Scheme, 1972.
- The Employees Old-Age Benefits Act, (EOBI) 1976.
- Pakistan ESSI Ordinance 1965: http://www.ilo.org/dyn/travail/docs/1003/Provincial Employees Social Security Ordinance 1965.pdf – See more at:
- Provincial ESSI Ordinance 1965: ttps://essi.kp.gov.pk/page/essi_ordinance_act#sthash.vB9KzhIH.dpuf
|ESSI Ordinance 1965||Provincial Emp ESS Ordinance 1965||Workmen compensation act 1923|
Employer registration Proceedur.
All the estalishment where more than workers are working and these employees salaries are under the embed of the social social security capping, are eligible to register as per the law. The employer should need to contact the social security officer and share a requet letter with the employee detail (Letter with formate) with social security institution and request them to generat a social security code for the organization. The social security officer will provide a survey form (attached) the employer for submition, and then the social security department release a code for the employer after confiramation of the survery form.
All the employee working in an organization will be registrered with the social security institution whose salaries are in the embed of the social security capping mention by the social secuirity institution every year throgh social security minimum wage notification, the employer are responsible to pay the employee contribution with the social security department each month throgh the below formula Social security capping *6% =social security contribution. This contirbution is total employer part and no any deduction from the employees salaries will be deducted.
- PESSI (Punjab Employee Social Security Institution)
- KESSI (KPK Employee Social Security Institution)
- SESSI (Sindh Employee Social Security Institution)
- BESSI (Baluchistan Employee Social Security Institution)
- ESSI (Gilgit baltistan)
PESSI (Punjab Employee’s Social Security Institution